Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gotta Have That Bag! An Inspiration Roundup

After my post last week (inspired by Donna Downey's messenger bag), I began to see tutorials everywhere for these adorable do-it-yourself handbags and clutches.  Like a big fat reminder, these beautiful bags were all staring me in the face saying, "Eat Your Heart Out!"  But this boring mommy held her ground and convinced herself that none of those bags deserved the treatment that was most certainly in store for them, should they ever become mine.  One day I will have a special portion of my closet devoted to all of the adorable handbags I will own...one day when I no longer find fruit snacks at the bottom of my purse or random papers--like  the kid's menu from IHOP that my son insisted on saving. ONE DAY...but not today.

So instead I decided to round them all up and share them with you...I hope you enjoy making them as much as I enjoy looking at them!

Click on the images below to be linked to their tutorials.

Transparent Clutch
Photo Source:


Suit Coat Clutch
Photo Source:
Craftaholics Anonymous

Placemat Purse
Photo Source:
Alisa Burke

Book Cover Handbag
Photo Source:
  Curbly DIY Design Community

And of course the bag that started it all:

Ruffled Messenger Bag
Photo by 

And here's one from me:
Jean Pocket Purse
Photo Source:
Amy Kingsford

Know of more great handbag tutorials?...Link us up in the comments below  A girl can never dream of having too many accessories ; )



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...