Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Inspired By...Donna Downey

Photo Source: Donna Downey  
So when I first saw this adorable ruffled messenger bag made by Donna Downey, my first thought was...I have to make one of those!  But then I thought of the current state of my "over-sized mommy purse" --large enough to house wipies and snacks and with crayons and hot wheels floating along the bottom--and I realized this may not exactly be the time in my life to try to be stylish!

So instead I took that overwhelming feeling of inspiration that this beautiful bag filled me with and translated it into the following layout: 



I was so pleased to be able to capture all of the things I loved most about this stylin' bag: from its bold prints---> to the variation on its funky color scheme---> to those yummy ruffles!  I was also able to cure that "boring mom feeling" that came from my depressing realization that this bag was not practical for someone like me, by using this layout to remind myself of how blessed we truly are to be parents again!

If you'd like to see how to make your own Donna Downey Inspired Messenger Bag, check out this mini how-to on Donna's blog Simply Me! Thanks for the inspiration Donna!  If you'd like to learn more about translating inspiration from all around you into your scrapbook pages,  then join the team at Masterful Scrapbook Design for the month of March, where they will spend the entire month exploring the in and outs of INSPIRATION!

2 comments:

Francis Civira said...

Amy,
Fabulous interpretation of this Donna´s rufflee.
Love your LO.

Regards

Amy Kingsford said...

Thanks so much Patty...I had a lot of fun with this one...maybe one day when my kids are grown I'll have one of those bags ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...