Monday, August 10, 2009

Two Years Ago...Today


How's a Monday Snapshot sound...you're right it doesn't quite have the same ring to it as Saturday snapshot...but I'm catching up on GIS's August Blog Challenge, nonetheless. Two Years Ago...today we took my nephew Kadin on his first camping trip ever...up the Ogden Canyon to Huntsville. I was worried since he'd never slept outside or gone to the bathroom outside...but all turned out okay in the end. We did end up trekking 15 minutes to the outdoor toilets twice that night...but by morning he had mastered the art of using nature's restroom and even made us take a picture of his "pee spot" (calling it rock art) to commemorate the milestone! While I chose not to share that photo with you...what I remember most about this trip was how difficult it was to find a good camping ground...living in Utah we find ourselves spoiled with what I like to call the "perfect campsite"--secluded, private and some breathtaking feature that says "this is the place"--what can I say its a Utah thing I guess! We drove for an hour from campsite to campsite until we found this amazing site..with our very own river pool! Of course it was a little cold...but we couldn't resist taking a dip!

We had such a great time that I think its time to try out that spot agin that is why I have all the camping gear packed up and when Jake gets home we're off to enjoy this camping trip all over agian..this time with a different new-comer...our son Caleb...luckily he's still in diapers...so no midnight treks to the toilets!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...