Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Amy WHO?






So I promised you a who's who in scrapbooking this week, and while I hope to have someone better lined up for next week, I thought I might as well get the ball rolling with myself. My name is Amy Kingsford and I am from Northern Utah, and lived here almost my whole life (8 months I lived in Central Utah...I know culture shock right... it was oddly enough). That could have a huge impact on why I became a scrapbooker. Scrapbooking is huge here! Its also the only thing I feel like I'm really good at. I work part-time and am a full-time mommy, but am working towards being a SAHM by the time we have our next child! When I first started scrapping I was 17 and all scrapbooking really consisted of was white paper, with patterned mats, brief explanations of each photo oh and decorative scissors were the coolest! Now I think to myself if these pages didn;t have valuable family pictures on them I would crumple them up and practice my hook shot with them...but I have come to realize that it is fun to see how scrapbooking has changed over time...and it will continue to change, so I have learned to appreciate my earlier pages. Now that you know who I am let's find out what kind of Scrapper I am!

Q: How long have you been scrapbooking?

A: 10 years (paper scrapping); 6 mos. (digi)

Q: What style of scrapbooker would you classify yourself as?

A: Anything Goes! I often just take cues from my photos...whatever feel I get from them...thats the feel I try to convey in my layout...Besides I enjoy scraplifting way to much to stick to one style!

Q: What scrappy must-haves would we find in your arsenal?

A: My Provo Craft Silent Setter, My EK Success Anywhere Stapler, Thickers Alphabets, and spools and spools of ribbon!

Q: What is your favorite new product or trend of 2009?

A: I love the Project 365 kits...unfortunately I wasn't able to get a hold of Becky Higgins kit...so I just sorda started my own without the use of kit...but now I see the kits are everywhere! I love the idea behind the 365s, not only is a perfect year in review but you brush up on your photo skills and you only have to do a two page layout every week!

Q: Who or What do you scrapbook the most and why?

A: My son Caleb...he's in that stage where he's learning so many things all at once and everything is does is just soooo cute...I don;t want to miss a thing!

Q: Whats on your Scrappy Wishlist?

A: A Nikon Coolpix with a 12x Optical Zoom, The Now We're Rockin and Deep in Digi Classes by Jessica Sprague, Maya Road's entire Spray Mist Collection, Some Tim Holtz and Hiedi Swapp Masks, a Canon 12x12 printer, and a Zig Marker Set.

Q: What are your biggest influences...how do you receive inspiration for your work?
A: Definitely my fellow scrappers at Designer Digitals, Get It Scrapped, Creating Keepsakes Magazine and Memory Makers. I learn so much from seeing others work...and I feel inspired to create something equally as beautiful!

Q: How often do you scrapbook?

A: I try to scrap at least an hour a day...but at least 6 hours a week, but my husband will tell you its usually quite a bit more than that!

Q: Where do you scrapbook?

A: We just bought a new house and for the first time ever I have my very own scrap room, that doubles as a guest room, music room, office, and whatever else we can think of doing in there! But its nice to have part of my own area!

Q: Whats one scrap technique you'd like to learn or try, but haven't yet?

A: I'd like to try more art mediums, watercolors, paints, doodles, decopauges, etc. GIS has some classes I may take, once I finish all the other projects I've started!

Q: What piece of scrappy advice would you offer to your fellow scrappers?

A: Never be afraid to try new things...life's too short to stick to one style or one way. The more you learn from others and try new techniques, the more you'll grow as a scrapbooker...doesn't mean you can't have favorites though!

Q: Share with us your favorite layout and why you are so proud of it.

A: I am most proud of this layout because Its one of my favorite pictures of my son...I tried a lot of new techniques on this page that I think worked out well for first tries...I love the colors and most of all I love what this lo is about!




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...