Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goals for 2011: Creating Daily

Do you ever find that no matter what you are doing, you seem to go about it in spurts?  You get super engaged in an activity, task or hobby and then life happens and then its days even weeks before you revisit this task or activity again....

I LOVE creating.  It makes me feel happy and gives me a sense of accomplishment when a project is finished and I can stand back and glance at it or snap photos of it and share it with all of you!  But like most things over the last year I found myself going about crafting in spurts.  I have decided that to truly benefit from the feeling I get from creating, that I must make it more of a constant in my life.  So this year I've made it a goal to create something everyday...and to help me on my journey I've chosen the following companion:



"There is something elemental shared among artists and crafters, regardless of chosen medium: creative energy. Crafters dabble, collaborate, muse, and make, all in their own way and on their own timeline. For all crafts, there are established techniques to follow but wild, innumerable ways to experiment, using the basics to launch crafters to new heights. Crafter’s Devotional can aid that launch. Each day of the year is given its own focus, on which the reader will find a daily dose of craft content that inspires, instructs, and illuminates." 


This book offers focused daily prompts for each weekday ranging in topic from journaling, materials, recycling, personal history and even non-craft inspiration.  Then on the weekend the book challenges the reader to unleash their creative energy further by offering a prompt that requires a bit more exploration.  This may include something like observing their environment, collaborating with others, learning something new and even gathering knowledge and/or supplies.

With this book in my hand and an inspired outlook on the next year, I'm very excited to start along my creative journey! And if any of you out there are also working from this book I'd love to see what you're up to! I will of course be sharing my creations with you from time to time and discussing some of my favorite prompts from this book!  So without further ado...let's begin "Creating Daily!"  

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...