Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Inspired by...Amy Butler

Probably the most important thing I learned from March's Masterful Scrapbook Design Seminar on Inspiration...is that inspiration truly is all around us...you just have to be open to the possibilities!  The inspiration from my latest layout came from Amy Butler's In Stitches: More Than 25 Simple and Stylish Sewing Projects.

Source
When I first saw this cover it was the accompanying inspiration piece to a layout by Celeste Smith.  I completed the layout below as a challenge to use the same source of inspiration.  I was attracted to this cover's brilliant color scheme, the circular grid design that echoed throughout and the title and typography, as well!

Products by Creativity by Crystal

On my most recent trip to Barnes and Noble this same cover caught my eye once again.  Now not only do I have a fun layout featuring my goofy little guy, stemming from this book...but hopefully a house full of fun projects to look forward to as well!  I guess it just goes to show you that sometimes...you can judge a book by its cover!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...