Thursday, March 31, 2011

Inspired By...Mumford & Sons "White Blank Page"

When I first started scrapbooking I told myself that starting with a "blank white page" lacked imagination and originality. I wanted as much color in my life as possible!  So I went about merrily using my bold patterns and lively colors as the foundation for my pages. However, after 10 years, I am now comfortable admitting the real reason I avoided it for so long, is because it was the white background that I feared and struggled with the most. So clean and pristine--the white background was in fact the boldest choice of all --for you have no color or pattern to fall back on--leaving your design and your memories exposed and vulnerable.

Despite being inspired by scrapbookers like Karen Grunberg, Doris Sander and Lisa Dickinson--who are no strangers to white--I find that every time I start with a white page--whether I choose to cover it with mist or large patterned mats or every embellishment I own--it inevitable ends up anything but white!





So it was with an open mind and a little inspiration from my husband and I's favorite band Mumford & Sons, that I sat down and embarked on the ultimate challenge.  A half-hour later I emerged with this layout, as well as, a new found appreciation for the power of the blank white page!


6 comments:

Tamarra said...

I just discovered mumford and sons and white Backgrounds!!! Love it amy: ) and I'm foing to checkout yhose other groups... though most I already have on my zune lol

Amy Kingsford said...

we share so many of the same interests...no wonder we're friends!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I love Mumford & Sons!

Great looking page!

Amy Kingsford said...

Thanks Stacey! And thanks for stopping by!

Cate Brickell said...

love this layout!

Amy Kingsford said...

thanks Cate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...