Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy International Women's Day!

Today is my sister's birthday and also the 100th Anniversay of International Women's Day!  To tell you the truth, this is the first year I realized that her birthday falls on such an important day!  It wasn't until I awoke this morning to my photo prompt from Capture Your 365, that I realized that this was not just a special day for my sister, but for women everywhere!  So I'd like to take this opportunity to share with you the women I've admired most in my life:


Here they are left to right (in no particular order of importance):

  • my amazing mother Susan
  • my always compassionate and giving sister-in law Sariah
  • my favorite author Ms. Jane Austen
  • the woman who helped me to take photos I love and cherish, Katrina Kennedy
  • perhaps the most amazing woman who ever lived, Elanor Roosevelt
  • my friend and mentor Debbie Hodge
  • the woman who gave birth to the sweetest man alive, my mother-in-law Jaki 
  • my sister Nicole--The Birthday Girl! 
  • my Aunt Jill who inspired me to create from a young age.
  • my sister-in-law--a true SUPER MOM, Kathrine
  • my hero growing up, Amelia Earhart
  • the most inspiring artist I know, Dina Wakley
  • my grandmother Georgia, who taught me never to go to the supermarket in my pajamas (I wished I had listened)
  • a wonderful crafter, mother and friend, Tami Taylor
  • my beautiful sister-in-law Jesse, I once thought I loved scrapbooking as much as she loved playing the trumpet...I was wrong!
  • my grandmother Dorothy--thanks for teaching my mom to be a great mom, so that she could teach me to be one.  

In some way shape or form all of you have touched my life and made me a better mom, artist, friend and person.  Thank You!


1 comments:

Tamarra said...

*sniff*
I admire you a great deal as well :)
Glad we're friends

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...