And on with the NEW...
Today, I am excited to begin a two-week journey with Karen Grunberg in her FREE class Embrace Imperfection. I had the priveledge of working with, as well as, learning from Karen during last month's Masterful Scrapbook Seminar. That's when I started following her blog (what a shame I had missed out on it up until then!) and saw all of these lofty goals she had for herself and thought WOW...I could never do that...read a book each week--journal EVERY day! AMAZING! But it was actually when I listened to the introduction to this class, that it all fell into place. I knew immediately that Karen had an amazing attitude towards life and art, that I wanted to share! And while I haven't exactly mastered this NEW attitude...I've taken the first step...that's something, right?!
So I thought I would start small...and armed with some of the great tips included in Karen's first handout, I set aside an hour of ME-time, dug through a tray of leftovers and pulled together the layout above. Thats right one hour...I set the timer! And though I am sure I could spend paragraphs listing all of the things that aren't perfect about this layout, instead I'd like to share a few things I LOVE about it:
First of all...
- I LOVE the colors! The rich tones on the off-white background really pop off the page!
- I have been trying to use that feather chipboard piece on something since I bought it...but was searching for the PERFECT layout...instead I decided to use it on this imperfect one and I think it turned out nicely.
- I loved this photo of my son and I the moment I saw it...something I have not been able to say about a photo of myself in a very long time!
- I love that this layout is pieced together from leftovers...using up scraps makes me smile!
- And finally I love that this page has "journaling" on it--most of the time I am content with the customary title and sub-heading but I really felt compelled to share a story in my own handwriting...something I'd like to do more of in pages to come!