Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lights, Camera...ACTION!

My quest to become a better photographer, began over ten years ago.  Now after 6 classes, 9 cameras, 2 versions of Photoshop and 15,000+ photos, I have realized that while (with the miracles of photoshop) there really is no such thing as a bad picture...there is rarely such thing as a perfect picture...right out of the camera that is!  No matter how much I love a photo when I am reviewing it on my camera, or when I'm opening it in Photoshop for the first time...I can still rarely resist tweaking the contast or boosting the color, or maybe trying it out in black and white or sepia, to make it "my version" of PERFECT.

While I personally enjoy, the sometimes long process of "tweaking" my photos.  I can also appreciate the value of simple, time saving tools, like Photoshop Actions--which can make this fun and creative part of the editing process a cinch, while taking your photos to the next level!


This is the "Raspberry Tea" Action (included in the Coffee Shop: Coffee Bar, Vivid & Barista Action Set Download from The Coffee Shop, which has a plethora of fabulous and FREE actions, tutorials, presets, ect.  I absolutely love the soft, dreamy effect that it has added to this photo, with one simple click of a mouse!

Long story, short: I've learned that its ok to save yourself a little time here and there, and why not get great photo effects while you're at it! Check out my favortie sites for great actions for both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements:

The Coffee Shop (photoshop and Photoshop Elements)
Pioneer Woman  (Photoshop Only-some tutorials for Elements Users)
Totally Rad Actions (Photoshop Only)
EZ Actions (Photoshop and Photoshop Elements)
Surreal Colors and Tritones (Photoshop Only)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu]sac longchamp bandouliere pas cher[/url] blog using msn. That is an extremely well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful info. Thank you for the post. sac pliage longchamp pas cher [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu]sac longchamp pliage pas cher[/url] , I??ll certainly return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...