Monday, December 14, 2009

I Just Know...

Not only was I inspired by Tami's challenge @ GIS...to take to our blogs this month and write about how someone shows love for us, thru actions rather than words--but I was also very inspired by her own post at her blog  Tidbits  in which she equated her husband's love to the frequent gesture of Pepsi!  So It is with that in mind that I, began writing the following post:   



It can be said with absolute certainty that I love my son more than anything in this world!  He is the most beautiful and precious thing in my life (don't worry dh you are a VERY close second!)!  In my many scrapbook los and to anyone who will listen, I have atested to my insurmountable love for this adorable little boy! My son, on the other hand, tends to shy away from any type of actions that may show that this love is reciprocated.  He hates kisses...he refuses to say "love you" and he reserves his best hugs for when daddy comes home from work! He does often give me gifts like cobwebs, ABC food and random objects he has picked up and is now finished playing with.  But I don't think these things really say LOVE! He does, however, have a sixth sense about when mommy isn't feeling well or is upset and he reserves something special for those times.  Caleb enjoys a good ba-ba when he isn;t feeling well...so it is natural that mommy would be the same...right?  So Caleb totes the 20 oz of Diet Coke I am nursing over and says "MOMMA."  Sometimes he even brings over empy cans or bottles...but always Diet Coke...because thats what momma likes in her ba-ba.  Its a small gesture I know...but thats how I just know--He Loves Me!

4 comments:

Mary C. said...

That is so cute. He knows when you need a diet coke fix? What a great kid.
Blessings,
Mary

Chris aka Scrappylassie said...

Ahhhhhh.You need to warn me that Caleb's pic is about to pop up. Was reading the story and all of a sudden that precious little face popped up on my big screen....can't believe he had to spend time in time out today for pinch bug....he looks so innocent....Wanted to see what you are doing differently with your blog so I stopped by.
Also-just got back from Dollar Store with a new Rubix Cube...I want to try one of your cubes for a Christmas gift!!Will post to let you know how it turns out. If I get this done...I am going back for the scarves they had. I am excited to make some of these gifts!!!:)

Amy Kingsford said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the ideas...for sure you have to post them...if you like I can post them here as well...or if you post them on your own blog let me know I'd love to do a link to them!

scrapweaver said...

So lovely aren't kids the very best?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...