Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Scrappy Night Prep


In preparations for my Crop Night Friday, I made this magnetic board for my son! He's totally in love with magnets right now they just blow his mind! I found these stove mats (whatever those are for) at the dollar store. They are tin and perfect for magnetic message boards, etc and cost under 5.00 to make! I applied the paper to the board using decoupage then decorated it with the flourish and petals of a silk flower, added the alpha stickers. I colored the puzzle pieces using markers and applied round magnets to the backs. I punched holes through the tin using a crop-a-dile and ran the ribbon thru to hang it. I have purchased several to make gifts and for each of the girls attending my crop to make their own. This would also work with a pizza tin or other magnetic surface. My tip is to cruise the dollar stores and dollar section of craft stores for supplies...you'd be surprised what you can find...if you keep an open mind. I used The Animal Cracker Paper Stack, an Unfinished Wooden Puzzle from Michael's, Ribbon from Cosmo Cricket's Lil Man line, Wooden Flourish from Kaiser Crafts, Thickers Alpha, .75 Round Magnets and the Tin Stove Mat from Honks Dollar store. This magnet board cost:

Ribbon $0.25
Paper $0.40
Flourish $0.80
Board $1.00
Puzzle Pieces $1.00
Magnets $.60
Flower $ Free
Alphabet $0.20

TOTAL $4.25

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...